Polling is a powerful tool to help our elected officials determine how they should vote.
Standard polling methods don't give you the control that you deserve. With BetterDistricts you can show your representative exactly how strongly a bill is supported in your community.
Send a clear signal on how you want your government to work.
Received; read twice and referred to the Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
To direct the Secretary of Agriculture to exchange certain public lands in Ouachita National Forest, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
This Act may be cited as the “Walnut Grove Land Exchange Act”.
In this Act:
(1) CHURCH.—The term “Church” means the Walnut Grove Church in Garland County, Arkansas.
(2) OFFERED TRACT.—The term “Offered Tract” means all right, title, and interest of the Church in and to approximately 6.3 acres of non-Federal land identified as “Offered Tract 5742”on the Detail Map of the Walnut Grove Exchange, Ouachita National Forest map (printed date May 11, 2017).
(3) SECRETARY.—The term “Secretary” means the Secretary of Agriculture.
(4) SELECTED TRACT.—The term “Selected Tract” means all right, title, and interest of the United States in and to approximately 4 acres identified as “Selected Tract 5743” on the Detail Map of the Walnut Grove Exchange, Ouachita National Forest map (printed date May 11, 2017), subject to the reservation of a road easement by the Secretary.
(a) Exchange authorized.—Subject to the provisions of this Act, not later than 2 years after the date of the enactment of this Act, if the Church offers to convey the Offered Tract to the United States, the Secretary shall—
(1) convey to the Church all right, title, and interest of the United States in and to the Selected Tract; and
(2) accept from the Church a conveyance of all right, title, and interest of the Church in and to the Offered Tract.
(1) subject to valid existing rights;
(2) conditioned on an equalization payment made by the Church in accordance with subsection (c); and
(3) conditioned on the payment of the costs described in subsection (g).
(1) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in paragraph (2), the exchange under subsection (a) shall be for equal value or the values shall be equalized by a cash payment.
(2) EXCEPTION.—If the value of the Offered Tract exceeds the Selected Tract, an equalization payment shall not be required.
(1) IN GENERAL.—The value of the land to be exchanged under this Act shall be determined by appraisals conducted by one or more independent and qualified appraisers.
(A) the Uniform Appraisal Standards for Federal Land Acquisitions; and
(B) the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
(e) Format.—Title and valuation to the land to be exchanged under this Act shall be in a format acceptable to the Secretary and the Church.
(1) IN GENERAL.—As soon as practicable after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall finalize a map and legal descriptions of all land to be conveyed under this Act.
(2) CORRECTIONS.—The Secretary may correct any minor errors in the map or in the legal descriptions.
(3) MAP ON FILE.—The map and legal descriptions shall be on file and available for public inspection in appropriate offices of the United States Forest Service.
(g) Costs of conveyance.—As a condition of conveyance, any costs related to the conveyance under this section shall be paid by the Church.
Passed the House of Representatives September 12, 2018.
|Attest:||karen l. haas,|