Polling is a powerful tool to help our elected officials determine how they should vote.
Standard polling methods don't give you the control that you deserve. With BetterDistricts you can show your representative exactly how strongly a bill is supported in your community.
Send a clear signal on how you want your government to work.
VA Hospitals Establishing Leadership Performance Act
(Sec. 2) This bill directs: (1) the Department of Veterans Affairs to establish qualifications and related performance metrics for each human resources position within the Veterans Health Administration, and (2) the Government Accountability Office to report to Congress regarding the implementation and quality of such metrics and qualifications.
Received; read twice and referred to the Committee on Veterans' Affairs
To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to establish qualifications for the human resources positions within the Veterans Health Administration of the Department of Veterans Affairs, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
This Act may be cited as the “VA Hospitals Establishing Leadership Performance Act”.
(1) establish qualifications for each human resources position within the Veterans Health Administration of the Department of Veterans Affairs;
(2) establish standardized performance metrics for each such position; and
(3) submit to Congress a report containing the qualifications and standardized performance metrics established under paragraphs (1) and (2).
(b) Report.—Not later than 180 days after the establishment of the qualifications and performance metrics under subsection (a), the Comptroller General of the United States shall submit to the Committee on Veterans’ Affairs of the House of Representatives and the Committee on Veterans’ Affairs of the Senate a report containing—
(1) a description of the implementation of such qualifications and performance metrics; and
(2) an assessment of the quality of such qualifications and performance metrics.
No additional funds are authorized to be appropriated to carry out the requirements of this Act. Such requirements shall be carried out using amounts otherwise authorized to be appropriated.
Passed the House of Representatives July 25, 2018.
|Attest:||karen l. haas,|