Polling is a powerful tool to help our elected officials determine how they should vote.
Standard polling methods don't give you the control that you deserve. With BetterDistricts you can show your representative exactly how strongly a bill is supported in your community.
Send a clear signal on how you want your government to work.
(This measure has not been amended since it was introduced. The summary has been expanded because action occurred on the measure.)
(Sec. 1) This bill transfers administrative jurisdiction over:
Interior shall prohibit the storage, construction, or installation of any items that may interfere with access by the research center to certain restricted land within the parkway boundary for security and maintenance purposes.
The transfers of administrative jurisdiction under this bill shall not be subject to reimbursement or consideration.
The National Park Service and the FHA shall comply with the agreement they entered into on September 11, 2002, regarding the transfer of administrative jurisdiction, management, and maintenance of the land specified in it.
Subject to the terms of such agreement, Interior shall allow the research center to access specified acreage of: (1) the federal land transferred to Interior for purposes of transportation to and from the research center, and (2) such such land and the restricted land for maintenance of the visual appearance of such land.
The Research Center shall maintain the restricted land.
the third day of January, two thousand and eighteen
To authorize, direct, facilitate, and expedite the transfer of administrative jurisdiction of certain Federal land, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
(1) MAP.—The term “Map” means the map entitled “George Washington Memorial Parkway—Claude Moore Farm Proposed Boundary Adjustment”, numbered 850_130815, and dated February 2016.
(2) RESEARCH CENTER.—The term “Research Center” means the Turner-Fairbank Highway Research Center of the Federal Highway Administration.
(3) SECRETARY.—The term “Secretary” means the Secretary of the Interior.
(A) GEORGE WASHINGTON MEMORIAL PARKWAY LAND.—Administrative jurisdiction over the approximately 0.342 acres of Federal land under the jurisdiction of the Secretary within the boundary of the George Washington Memorial Parkway, as generally depicted as “B” on the Map, is transferred from the Secretary to the Secretary of Transportation.
(B) RESEARCH CENTER LAND.—Administration jurisdiction over the approximately 0.479 acres of Federal land within the boundary of the Research Center land under the jurisdiction of the Secretary of Transportation adjacent to the boundary of the George Washington Memorial Parkway, as generally depicted as “A” on the Map, is transferred from the Secretary of Transportation to the Secretary.
(2) USE RESTRICTION.—The Secretary shall restrict the use of 0.139 acres of Federal land within the boundary of the George Washington Memorial Parkway immediately adjacent to part of the perimeter fence of the Research Center, generally depicted as “C” on the Map, by prohibiting the storage, construction, or installation of any item that may interfere with the access of the Research Center to the restricted land for security and maintenance purposes.
(3) REIMBURSEMENT OR CONSIDERATION.—The transfers of administrative jurisdiction under this subsection shall not be subject to reimbursement or consideration.
(A) AGREEMENT.—The National Park Service and the Federal Highway Administration shall comply with all terms and conditions of the agreement entered into by the parties on September 11, 2002, regarding the transfer of administrative jurisdiction, management, and maintenance of the land described in the agreement.
(i) to access the Federal land described in paragraph (1)(B) for purposes of transportation to and from the Research Center; and
(ii) to access the Federal land described in paragraphs (1)(B) and (2) for purposes of maintenance in accordance with National Park Service standards, including grass mowing, weed control, tree maintenance, fence maintenance, and maintenance of the visual appearance of the Federal land.
(A) included in the boundary of the George Washington Memorial Parkway; and
(B) administered by the Secretary as part of the George Washington Memorial Parkway, subject to applicable laws (including regulations).
(A) included in the boundary of the Research Center land; and
(B) removed from the boundary of the George Washington Memorial Parkway.
(3) RESTRICTED-USE LAND.—The Federal land that the Secretary has designated for restricted use under subsection (b)(2) shall be maintained by the Research Center.
(d) Map on file.—The Map shall be available for public inspection in the appropriate offices of the National Park Service.